- 3 medium sized zucchini
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of golden lakanto sweetener (or date or coconut sugar, but note there is an effect on your glycemic level a bit of a no no for diabetics and hormone balancing seekers)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of cayenne (optional hotter version)
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. of smoked sea salt (can sub in regular sea salt or pink Himalayan salt)
- In a small saucepan put all the ingredients, except zucchini or eggplant, and slowly melt them on medium low temperature while stirring constantly.
- Once done let cool a little while preparing the zucchini or eggplant.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice your zucchini or eggplant into strips. It’s a good idea to cut off ends first and depending on the size of your eggplant cut it in half first from stem to bottom. Discard the outermost layer of the uncut side shaving off with the peeler. Then turn on its side and begin steady long slices or peels of the eggplant.
- Pour the marinade over the slices of zucchini or eggplant that you’ve placed in a large glass bowl. Cover the mixture. The longer it marinates the better so overnight is best but at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you can, turn mixture after one hour.
- Use parchment paper on a large baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip and continue for another 3 minutes.
- Remove any crisp pieces and set aside, then continue to bake the rest checking every 2 minutes and removing the yummy crispy pieces.
I love this image. It reminds me of raiding my grandfather’s garden in Port Carling on Lake Muskoka. ~ Kerry
No Yolking's™ Five Fun Protein Smoothies Here are 5 fun and colourful smoothies to enjoy during summer or with the kids! Enjoy these on a hot day by the water or in the morning for a quick and delicious breakfast! These smoothies use our No Yolking™ egg white protein...
No Yolking™ Looking Good Smoothie Not only are blueberries great for the eyes but these Vitamin C rich berries, found in this No Yolking™ Looking Good Smoothie, aids in Collagen synthesis. Collagen is what gives us firm skin, and is needed to keep the...
Okay, so not only is this protein iced latte recipe free of sugar – it can be made dairy-free and has 16g of protein! This energy-boosting summer morning staple can be whipped up in just a few minutes. So you can serve it up in fancy glasses quickly to last-minute guests or pour it in your to-go cup and run out the door in a hurry for work on those mornings where breakfast isn’t in the cards.