- 3 medium sized zucchini
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of golden lakanto sweetener (or date or coconut sugar, but note there is an effect on your glycemic level a bit of a no no for diabetics and hormone balancing seekers)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of cayenne (optional hotter version)
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. of smoked sea salt (can sub in regular sea salt or pink Himalayan salt)
- In a small saucepan put all the ingredients, except zucchini or eggplant, and slowly melt them on medium low temperature while stirring constantly.
- Once done let cool a little while preparing the zucchini or eggplant.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice your zucchini or eggplant into strips. It’s a good idea to cut off ends first and depending on the size of your eggplant cut it in half first from stem to bottom. Discard the outermost layer of the uncut side shaving off with the peeler. Then turn on its side and begin steady long slices or peels of the eggplant.
- Pour the marinade over the slices of zucchini or eggplant that you’ve placed in a large glass bowl. Cover the mixture. The longer it marinates the better so overnight is best but at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you can, turn mixture after one hour.
- Use parchment paper on a large baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip and continue for another 3 minutes.
- Remove any crisp pieces and set aside, then continue to bake the rest checking every 2 minutes and removing the yummy crispy pieces.
I love this image. It reminds me of raiding my grandfather’s garden in Port Carling on Lake Muskoka. ~ Kerry
No Yolking™ Detox Skinny Latte Pucker up and cool down with this detoxifying skinny latte. This cold, frothy drink is perfect on a hot day to keep you hydrated while detoxing the liver and kidneys. It’s a great low-calorie high protein meal replacement or afternoon...read more
No Yolking™ Baked Chicken Wings These protein-packed crispy coated wings are so easy, so delicious and great for Keto, Paleo and Super Bowl Fans. Grab a Ziplock Bag or a bowl with lid to really shake it up with the dry ingredients. INGREDIENTS: 1 Package of Chicken...read more
No Yolking's™ Five Fun Protein Smoothies Here are 5 fun and colourful smoothies to enjoy during summer or with the kids! Enjoy these on a hot day by the water or in the morning for a quick and delicious breakfast! These smoothies use our No Yolking™ egg white protein...read more