- 3 medium sized zucchini
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of golden lakanto sweetener (or date or coconut sugar, but note there is an effect on your glycemic level a bit of a no no for diabetics and hormone balancing seekers)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of cayenne (optional hotter version)
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. of smoked sea salt (can sub in regular sea salt or pink Himalayan salt)
- In a small saucepan put all the ingredients, except zucchini or eggplant, and slowly melt them on medium low temperature while stirring constantly.
- Once done let cool a little while preparing the zucchini or eggplant.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice your zucchini or eggplant into strips. It’s a good idea to cut off ends first and depending on the size of your eggplant cut it in half first from stem to bottom. Discard the outermost layer of the uncut side shaving off with the peeler. Then turn on its side and begin steady long slices or peels of the eggplant.
- Pour the marinade over the slices of zucchini or eggplant that you’ve placed in a large glass bowl. Cover the mixture. The longer it marinates the better so overnight is best but at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you can, turn mixture after one hour.
- Use parchment paper on a large baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip and continue for another 3 minutes.
- Remove any crisp pieces and set aside, then continue to bake the rest checking every 2 minutes and removing the yummy crispy pieces.
I love this image. It reminds me of raiding my grandfather’s garden in Port Carling on Lake Muskoka. ~ Kerry
These No Yolking™ Protein Packed Zucchini brownies are for when you are craving a chocolatey comfort treat without the guilt! Psyllium Husks will provide you with fibre and improve satiety. The avocado and coconut oil will supply you with those good fats to fuel your...read more
No Yolking™ Cauliflower Chickpea Burger Patty Here is a new high protein veggie burger you may want to try! No Yolking™ Cauliflower Chickpea burger will be sure to satisfy your burger cravings with a healthy twist. This tasty recipe will help you reach your daily...read more
No Yolking™ Protein Hot Chocolate Latte The cacao is high in antioxidants and elevates moods. It is also rich in calcium, magnesium and iron. When added to our No Yolking™ egg white protein powder it can help bring balance to your day and avoid sugar...read more