- 3 medium sized zucchini
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of golden lakanto sweetener (or date or coconut sugar, but note there is an effect on your glycemic level a bit of a no no for diabetics and hormone balancing seekers)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of cayenne (optional hotter version)
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. of smoked sea salt (can sub in regular sea salt or pink Himalayan salt)
- In a small saucepan put all the ingredients, except zucchini or eggplant, and slowly melt them on medium low temperature while stirring constantly.
- Once done let cool a little while preparing the zucchini or eggplant.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice your zucchini or eggplant into strips. It’s a good idea to cut off ends first and depending on the size of your eggplant cut it in half first from stem to bottom. Discard the outermost layer of the uncut side shaving off with the peeler. Then turn on its side and begin steady long slices or peels of the eggplant.
- Pour the marinade over the slices of zucchini or eggplant that you’ve placed in a large glass bowl. Cover the mixture. The longer it marinates the better so overnight is best but at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you can, turn mixture after one hour.
- Use parchment paper on a large baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip and continue for another 3 minutes.
- Remove any crisp pieces and set aside, then continue to bake the rest checking every 2 minutes and removing the yummy crispy pieces.
This holiday showstopper will wow every guest. It’s simple to prep, perfectly versatile and customizable depending on your favourite berries and toppings, and it’s great to feed a crowd. The best part: it’s gluten-, dairy- and sugar-free, keto- and diabetic-friendly! ...
Warm up this holiday season with a deliciously satisfying (and guilt-free) latte made with functional ingredients that taste like the ultimate indulgence. Made from our No Yolking™ 100% Egg White Protein Powder, gingerbread spices, non-dairy milk and a calorie-free...
You CAN have bread and feel great, too! This popular keto recipe for egg white protein “bread” has just 5 ingredients, with one shining star – No Yolking™ 100 % Egg White Protein Powder! The only thing better than how versatile this recipe is, is how easy it is to...