- 3 medium sized zucchini
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of golden lakanto sweetener (or date or coconut sugar, but note there is an effect on your glycemic level a bit of a no no for diabetics and hormone balancing seekers)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of cayenne (optional hotter version)
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. of smoked sea salt (can sub in regular sea salt or pink Himalayan salt)
- In a small saucepan put all the ingredients, except zucchini or eggplant, and slowly melt them on medium low temperature while stirring constantly.
- Once done let cool a little while preparing the zucchini or eggplant.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice your zucchini or eggplant into strips. It’s a good idea to cut off ends first and depending on the size of your eggplant cut it in half first from stem to bottom. Discard the outermost layer of the uncut side shaving off with the peeler. Then turn on its side and begin steady long slices or peels of the eggplant.
- Pour the marinade over the slices of zucchini or eggplant that you’ve placed in a large glass bowl. Cover the mixture. The longer it marinates the better so overnight is best but at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you can, turn mixture after one hour.
- Use parchment paper on a large baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip and continue for another 3 minutes.
- Remove any crisp pieces and set aside, then continue to bake the rest checking every 2 minutes and removing the yummy crispy pieces.
I love this image. It reminds me of raiding my grandfather’s garden in Port Carling on Lake Muskoka. ~ Kerry
No Yolking™ Protein Hot Chocolate Latte The cacao is high in antioxidants and elevates moods. It is also rich in calcium, magnesium and iron. When added to our No Yolking™ egg white protein powder it can help bring balance to your day and avoid sugar...read more
Golden Protein Latte The health boosting benefits of this warming latte include easing muscle and joint pain by reducing swelling and redness. With turmeric and ginger being both high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties it gives a boost to the...read more
No Yolking™ Protein Coconut Creamer Great as a creamer for your morning coffee, tea, matcha latte, etc. or as a topping on fruits in season. This is so simple to whip up and only takes 10 minutes! Great treat for diabetics or anyone wanting to keep their...read more