- 3 medium sized zucchini
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of golden lakanto sweetener (or date or coconut sugar, but note there is an effect on your glycemic level a bit of a no no for diabetics and hormone balancing seekers)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of cayenne (optional hotter version)
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. of smoked sea salt (can sub in regular sea salt or pink Himalayan salt)
- In a small saucepan put all the ingredients, except zucchini or eggplant, and slowly melt them on medium low temperature while stirring constantly.
- Once done let cool a little while preparing the zucchini or eggplant.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice your zucchini or eggplant into strips. It’s a good idea to cut off ends first and depending on the size of your eggplant cut it in half first from stem to bottom. Discard the outermost layer of the uncut side shaving off with the peeler. Then turn on its side and begin steady long slices or peels of the eggplant.
- Pour the marinade over the slices of zucchini or eggplant that you’ve placed in a large glass bowl. Cover the mixture. The longer it marinates the better so overnight is best but at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you can, turn mixture after one hour.
- Use parchment paper on a large baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip and continue for another 3 minutes.
- Remove any crisp pieces and set aside, then continue to bake the rest checking every 2 minutes and removing the yummy crispy pieces.
Summer in Canada is a time to enjoy the great outdoors with friends and family so stay on track with your health goals by planning ahead. Mason jar salads are a great way to enjoy the bounty of the season and with the right protein you’ll feel light, strong and...
Spice things up by adding a bit of harissa paste to our favourite protein-packed meatball recipe! These lean and flavourful meatballs are a great make-ahead dinner option and re-heat nicely for a hearty lunch the next day. Harissa paste is made from red peppers, warm...
You are going to love having a healthy meal ready to grab and go when you need it! Not only is it gluten-free, but it’s also loaded it with nutrient-rich broccoli and kale, plus a handful of antioxidant-rich dried cranberries for sweetness and crumbled feta for a...