No Yolking™ Whipped Coconut Protein Topping
Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, no bake/raw, nut-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free, Keto
You can easily create a decadent, fluffy whipped coconut protein topping that tastes better than whipped cream by using a can of full-fat coconut milk & No yolking egg white protein powder. You can use this whipped cream just like regular dairy whipped cream. We like to use it on our pumpkin spice smoothie, protein packed zucchini brownies, Chocolate chia protein pudding, hot chocolate protein latte, dandi latte, and our almond butter cacao protein smoothie! The options are really endless!
One important tip: you’ll want to chill the can of coconut milk for at least 24 hours before you begin to ensure the white coconut cream solidifies (be sure to read all the tips below on how to succeed).
This will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week or you can freeze it in an airtight freezer-safe bag for up to 1 month.
1 Can cold coconut milk or coconut cream(chill in fridge 24 hours)
1 tbsp No Yolking egg white protein powder
Optional: 2 Tbsp powdered monck fruit sweetener
(you can substitute this for any powdered sweetener)
Optional: 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- Do not use “lite” coconut milk – it won’t whip. Organic coconut milk offers the best consistency. It is recommended to use Native Forest® or Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value® brands. If possible, avoid guar gum as an ingredient, which also inhibits whipping.
- Serve immediately. If you must store it, refrigerate in a glass container or Mason jar for up to 3 days. Shake or whisk gently to fluff the cream again before serving
- The remaining liquid in the can (coconut water) can be used to lighten the topping if it is too thick or save it for your smoothies.
- If your topping is too thin and not forming peaks try adding another tbsp of No Yolking egg white protein powder.
1. Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk and a large metal mixing bowl in the refrigerator overnight. Do not shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid. See notes for more insight / troubleshooting.
3. Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Carefully scoop out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in smoothies).
4. Place hardened cream and No Yolking egg white protein powder in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla (optional) and powdered sugar (optional) and mix until your topping forms peaks – about 3 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
5. Use immediately or refrigerate – it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it’s chilled.
6. Coconut whipped cream is perfect for topping desserts like pumpkin spice smoothie, protein packed zucchini brownies, Chocolate chia protein pudding, hot chocolate protein latte, dandi latte, and our almond butter cacao protein smoothie!
Our simple recipe uses ground lamb or lean beef and frozen cauliflower “rice” (or you can make your own), plus it has 1/4 cup No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder to add even more lean protein. There’s no need for breadcrumbs or a whole egg since the egg white...
When cooking and preparing foods with whole foods, we CAN feel good about adding things like salad dressing to our meals. The store-bought stuff is often full of preservatives and artificial sweeteners that can make us feel sluggish and can also sabotage weightloss...
Saves time and money by combining No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder with good quality tomato sauce and a handful of spinach. Top with a little bit of pecorino or nutritional yeast and you’ll have dinner in a snap! Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15...