No Yolking™ Sweet Potato and Leek Soup
Sweet Potato ranks the highest in the vegetable kingdom for Beta Carotene. This No Yolking™ Sweet Potato and Leek Soup is an immune boosting broth that will help all the organs of the body, not just the eyes.
- 2 leeks (whites and part of greens) thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth (homemade from boiled down roasted chicken bones)
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 3 tbsp. No Yolking™ egg white protein powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cube organic chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- In extra large skillet (or soup pot if you have an immersion blender) sautée chopped leeks and sweet potato with 2 cups of chicken stock.. Keep lid on for a steaming effect.
- Cook on medium high for 8 minutes
- Add 1 more cup of chicken stock, a large tablespoon of garlic, sprinkle ginger (fresh is preferable), turmeric and crumble chicken bouillon, salt and pepper. Put lid back on and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- If you have an immersion blender, start blending while sprinkling on No Yolking™ egg white protein powder or
- If you are using a food processor, add a ½ cup of bouillon and No Yolking™, blend then add sautéed leeks and sweet potato.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and continue to blend.
- By this point your food processor may be very full so add the puree back into a large pot or skillet big enough to add in the remaining bouillon and stir until the chicken stock and puree have blended.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and serve hot. Enjoy!
Our simple recipe uses ground lamb or lean beef and frozen cauliflower “rice” (or you can make your own), plus it has 1/4 cup No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder to add even more lean protein. There’s no need for breadcrumbs or a whole egg since the egg white...
When cooking and preparing foods with whole foods, we CAN feel good about adding things like salad dressing to our meals. The store-bought stuff is often full of preservatives and artificial sweeteners that can make us feel sluggish and can also sabotage weightloss...
Saves time and money by combining No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder with good quality tomato sauce and a handful of spinach. Top with a little bit of pecorino or nutritional yeast and you’ll have dinner in a snap! Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15...