No Yolking™ Sweet Potato and Leek Soup
Sweet Potato ranks the highest in the vegetable kingdom for Beta Carotene. This No Yolking™ Sweet Potato and Leek Soup is an immune boosting broth that will help all the organs of the body, not just the eyes.
- 2 leeks (whites and part of greens) thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth (homemade from boiled down roasted chicken bones)
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 3 tbsp. No Yolking™ egg white protein powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cube organic chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- In extra large skillet (or soup pot if you have an immersion blender) sautée chopped leeks and sweet potato with 2 cups of chicken stock.. Keep lid on for a steaming effect.
- Cook on medium high for 8 minutes
- Add 1 more cup of chicken stock, a large tablespoon of garlic, sprinkle ginger (fresh is preferable), turmeric and crumble chicken bouillon, salt and pepper. Put lid back on and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- If you have an immersion blender, start blending while sprinkling on No Yolking™ egg white protein powder or
- If you are using a food processor, add a ½ cup of bouillon and No Yolking™, blend then add sautéed leeks and sweet potato.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and continue to blend.
- By this point your food processor may be very full so add the puree back into a large pot or skillet big enough to add in the remaining bouillon and stir until the chicken stock and puree have blended.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and serve hot. Enjoy!
No Yolking's™ Five Fun Protein Smoothies Here are 5 fun and colourful smoothies to enjoy during summer or with the kids! Enjoy these on a hot day by the water or in the morning for a quick and delicious breakfast! These smoothies use our No Yolking™ egg white protein...
No Yolking™ Looking Good Smoothie Not only are blueberries great for the eyes but these Vitamin C rich berries, found in this No Yolking™ Looking Good Smoothie, aids in Collagen synthesis. Collagen is what gives us firm skin, and is needed to keep the...
Okay, so not only is this protein iced latte recipe free of sugar – it can be made dairy-free and has 16g of protein! This energy-boosting summer morning staple can be whipped up in just a few minutes. So you can serve it up in fancy glasses quickly to last-minute guests or pour it in your to-go cup and run out the door in a hurry for work on those mornings where breakfast isn’t in the cards.