No Yolking™ Sweet Potato and Leek Soup
Sweet Potato ranks the highest in the vegetable kingdom for Beta Carotene. This No Yolking™ Sweet Potato and Leek Soup is an immune boosting broth that will help all the organs of the body, not just the eyes.
- 2 leeks (whites and part of greens) thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth (homemade from boiled down roasted chicken bones)
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 3 tbsp. No Yolking™ egg white protein powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cube organic chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- In extra large skillet (or soup pot if you have an immersion blender) sautée chopped leeks and sweet potato with 2 cups of chicken stock.. Keep lid on for a steaming effect.
- Cook on medium high for 8 minutes
- Add 1 more cup of chicken stock, a large tablespoon of garlic, sprinkle ginger (fresh is preferable), turmeric and crumble chicken bouillon, salt and pepper. Put lid back on and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- If you have an immersion blender, start blending while sprinkling on No Yolking™ egg white protein powder or
- If you are using a food processor, add a ½ cup of bouillon and No Yolking™, blend then add sautéed leeks and sweet potato.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and continue to blend.
- By this point your food processor may be very full so add the puree back into a large pot or skillet big enough to add in the remaining bouillon and stir until the chicken stock and puree have blended.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and serve hot. Enjoy!
No Yolking™ Protein Hot Chocolate Latte The cacao is high in antioxidants and elevates moods. It is also rich in calcium, magnesium and iron. When added to our No Yolking™ egg white protein powder it can help bring balance to your day and avoid sugar...read more
Golden Protein Latte The health boosting benefits of this warming latte include easing muscle and joint pain by reducing swelling and redness. With turmeric and ginger being both high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties it gives a boost to the...read more
No Yolking™ Protein Coconut Creamer Great as a creamer for your morning coffee, tea, matcha latte, etc. or as a topping on fruits in season. This is so simple to whip up and only takes 10 minutes! Great treat for diabetics or anyone wanting to keep their...read more