No Yolking™ Sweet Potato and Leek Soup
Sweet Potato ranks the highest in the vegetable kingdom for Beta Carotene. This No Yolking™ Sweet Potato and Leek Soup is an immune boosting broth that will help all the organs of the body, not just the eyes.
- 2 leeks (whites and part of greens) thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth (homemade from boiled down roasted chicken bones)
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 3 tbsp. No Yolking™ egg white protein powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cube organic chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- In extra large skillet (or soup pot if you have an immersion blender) sautée chopped leeks and sweet potato with 2 cups of chicken stock.. Keep lid on for a steaming effect.
- Cook on medium high for 8 minutes
- Add 1 more cup of chicken stock, a large tablespoon of garlic, sprinkle ginger (fresh is preferable), turmeric and crumble chicken bouillon, salt and pepper. Put lid back on and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- If you have an immersion blender, start blending while sprinkling on No Yolking™ egg white protein powder or
- If you are using a food processor, add a ½ cup of bouillon and No Yolking™, blend then add sautéed leeks and sweet potato.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and continue to blend.
- By this point your food processor may be very full so add the puree back into a large pot or skillet big enough to add in the remaining bouillon and stir until the chicken stock and puree have blended.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and serve hot. Enjoy!
Satisfying High-Protein Summer Mason Jar Salads
Summer in Canada is a time to enjoy the great outdoors with friends and family so stay on track with your health goals by planning ahead. Mason jar salads are a great way to enjoy the bounty of the season and with the right protein you’ll feel light, strong and...
Saucy Harissa Gluten-Free Flexitarian Meatballs
Spice things up by adding a bit of harissa paste to our favourite protein-packed meatball recipe! These lean and flavourful meatballs are a great make-ahead dinner option and re-heat nicely for a hearty lunch the next day. Harissa paste is made from red peppers, warm...
High Protein Broccoli and Quinoa Salad
You are going to love having a healthy meal ready to grab and go when you need it! Not only is it gluten-free, but it’s also loaded it with nutrient-rich broccoli and kale, plus a handful of antioxidant-rich dried cranberries for sweetness and crumbled feta for a...