We’ve developed this beautiful body scrub that will leave your skin feeling smooth and exfoliated during the dry winter months. No fillers, no chemicals, just real ingredients to nourish your body from the outside in.
The base is made with organic cane sugar, olive oil and No Yolking™ – 100 % Egg White Protein Powder. By adding egg white power to the body scrub, it helps by making the protein available for elastin and collagen repair trans dermally. The base is then accented with a blend of essential oils that offer powerful aroma therapy to help with stress, anxiety, sadness and even enhance sensuality!
1 cup (250 mL) sugar such as organic pure cane, brown pure cane or turbinado (approx.)
¼ cup (60 mL) No Yolking™ – 100 % Egg White Protein Powder
¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil (approx.)
4 drops vitamin E oil (optional)
Accent blend of choice
Select one of the following essential oil blends to use in the body scrub based on descriptions of their potential healing powers below.
1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange zest or 20 drops of sweet orange essential oil
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cloves or 10 drops of clove oil
8 drops vanilla
Breathe Easy Blend:
20 drops rosemary
20 drops eucalyptus
20 drops lavender
Naughty & Nice:
20 drops frankincense
8 drops vanilla
12 drops ylang – ylang
20 drops sweet orange
- Stir sugar with egg white powder in a large nonreactive bowl (glass or stainless steel). In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, vitamin E and accent blend of choice.
- Add oil mixture to sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until a moist and sandy consistency is achieved. The mixture should not be soupy. Add more sugar if needed to achieve desired consistency. Place in an airtight jar; top with vitamin E oil (if using) for up to two weeks.
- Stand in the shower with damp skin (turn the shower off for a bit). Rub this decadent scrub all over the body paying special attention to dryer areas like knees, ankles, elbows and feet. The sugar should start to melt on the body as you rub the scrub away.
- Proceed with shampooing and using your body wash. When you are on your final rinse of shampoo or conditioner, let the water rinse away any excess scrub from the body. Simply pat dry once out of the shower. No need for moisturizer afterwards!
- Use any leftover oils to give a foot rub or body massage.
- Use sterilized glass jars to store prepared body scrub.
Ah Ylang- Ylang, this floral euphoric essential oil helps soothe stress, anxiety, sadness, tension, and sleeplessness. Its aphrodisiac quality is reputed to boost the libido to enhance sensuality between a couple making it perhaps just a little bit naughty.
A wise man once thought so highly of Frankincense he gifted it to a king! Pretty nice.
Frankincense can help with fear and insecurity. Who couldn’t you a little break from that in today’s world? Not only will you feel more courageous, Frankincense helps reduce stress reactions and negative emotions. It also helps boost immune system function and prevents illness, it heals skin and prevents signs of aging and so much more.
Sweet Orange is an uplifting scent not only smells fresh and blends so nicely with sweet orange and vanilla it’s also has gentle immune boosting qualities. A powerhouse oil, Sweet Orange carries tons of benefits for the mind and body, like helping you snooze soundly by reducing nervous tension, releasing pain caused by digestive issues, improving skin complexion and even lowering blood pressure. A great uplifting scent for the winter months.
Vanilla oil has been shown to improve hormone levels, mood and outlook on life making it another great oil to enhance libido.
The synergy of the essential oils in the Breathe easy blend helps to open up the lungs making breathing easier and giving a sense of a more alert and active brain activity, while calming the body. The Rosemary essential oil in this blend is also noted to help relieve anxiety.
After all the PPE mask wearing, your body will love the increased oxygen intake of this blend.
The Eucalyptus being a decongestant will be greatly appreciated during cold and flu season and with its anti-inflammatory properties that will also help ease any aches and pains not to mention it’s antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal adding a little layer of protection.