No Yolking™ Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Simply put, this protein packed pumpkin spice smoothie is like drinkable pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin seeds are not only high in antioxidants and fiber, they are also rich in magnesium and promote a healthy gut flora. Don’t forget to top it off with our decadent whipped coconut protein topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
1 frozen banana.
1/2 cup (120g) vanilla Greek yogurt (or non dairy substitute)
1 tbs No Yolking™ Egg White Protein
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
1/2 cup (120ml) milk of choice (almond, oat, hemp etc.)
2 tbs (30ml) pure maple syrup
2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1 cup ice
Optional: Whipped coconut topping
Optional: Pinch of cinnamon for the top
- Yogurt: Feel free to use regular (non Greek) vanilla or plain yogurt instead – keeping in mind the protein count will be lower. I prefer vanilla Greek yogurt not only for its protein count, but for its incredibly thick texture and vanilla taste.
- Spices: Instead of pumpkin pie spice, try adding nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and/or more cinnamon to taste.
- Milk: Any milk is just fine here. However, be sure to adjust the protein count accordingly!
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
- (Optional) Prepare the whipped coconut topping and set aside in the fridge. (you can view the recipe here).
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender (except for the coconut topping and pinch of cinnamon) in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
- Place a heaping spoonful of whipped topping on your smoothie.
- Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on your whipped coconut topping.
No Yolking's™ Five Fun Protein Smoothies Here are 5 fun and colourful smoothies to enjoy during summer or with the kids! Enjoy these on a hot day by the water or in the morning for a quick and delicious breakfast! These smoothies use our No Yolking™ egg white protein...
No Yolking™ Looking Good Smoothie Not only are blueberries great for the eyes but these Vitamin C rich berries, found in this No Yolking™ Looking Good Smoothie, aids in Collagen synthesis. Collagen is what gives us firm skin, and is needed to keep the...
Okay, so not only is this protein iced latte recipe free of sugar – it can be made dairy-free and has 16g of protein! This energy-boosting summer morning staple can be whipped up in just a few minutes. So you can serve it up in fancy glasses quickly to last-minute guests or pour it in your to-go cup and run out the door in a hurry for work on those mornings where breakfast isn’t in the cards.