No Yolking™ Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Simply put, this protein packed pumpkin spice smoothie is like drinkable pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin seeds are not only high in antioxidants and fiber, they are also rich in magnesium and promote a healthy gut flora. Don’t forget to top it off with our decadent whipped coconut protein topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
1 frozen banana.
1/2 cup (120g) vanilla Greek yogurt (or non dairy substitute)
1 tbs No Yolking™ Egg White Protein
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
1/2 cup (120ml) milk of choice (almond, oat, hemp etc.)
2 tbs (30ml) pure maple syrup
2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1 cup ice
Optional: Whipped coconut topping
Optional: Pinch of cinnamon for the top
- Yogurt: Feel free to use regular (non Greek) vanilla or plain yogurt instead – keeping in mind the protein count will be lower. I prefer vanilla Greek yogurt not only for its protein count, but for its incredibly thick texture and vanilla taste.
- Spices: Instead of pumpkin pie spice, try adding nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and/or more cinnamon to taste.
- Milk: Any milk is just fine here. However, be sure to adjust the protein count accordingly!
- Sugars: Make this recipe keto and diabetic friendly by substituting the banana with 1 cup frozen chopped avocado and the maple syrup with monk fruit or stevia sweetener to taste.
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
- (Optional) Prepare the whipped coconut topping and set aside in the fridge. (you can view the recipe here).
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender (except for the coconut topping and pinch of cinnamon) in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
- Place a heaping spoonful of whipped topping on your smoothie.
- Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on your whipped coconut topping.
Satisfying High-Protein Summer Mason Jar Salads
Summer in Canada is a time to enjoy the great outdoors with friends and family so stay on track with your health goals by planning ahead. Mason jar salads are a great way to enjoy the bounty of the season and with the right protein you’ll feel light, strong and...
Saucy Harissa Gluten-Free Flexitarian Meatballs
Spice things up by adding a bit of harissa paste to our favourite protein-packed meatball recipe! These lean and flavourful meatballs are a great make-ahead dinner option and re-heat nicely for a hearty lunch the next day. Harissa paste is made from red peppers, warm...
High Protein Broccoli and Quinoa Salad
You are going to love having a healthy meal ready to grab and go when you need it! Not only is it gluten-free, but it’s also loaded it with nutrient-rich broccoli and kale, plus a handful of antioxidant-rich dried cranberries for sweetness and crumbled feta for a...