No Yolking™ Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Simply put, this protein packed pumpkin spice smoothie is like drinkable pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin seeds are not only high in antioxidants and fiber, they are also rich in magnesium and promote a healthy gut flora. Don’t forget to top it off with our decadent whipped coconut protein topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
1 frozen banana.
1/2 cup (120g) vanilla Greek yogurt (or non dairy substitute)
1 tbs No Yolking™ Egg White Protein
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
1/2 cup (120ml) milk of choice (almond, oat, hemp etc.)
2 tbs (30ml) pure maple syrup
2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1 cup ice
Optional: Whipped coconut topping
Optional: Pinch of cinnamon for the top
- Yogurt: Feel free to use regular (non Greek) vanilla or plain yogurt instead – keeping in mind the protein count will be lower. I prefer vanilla Greek yogurt not only for its protein count, but for its incredibly thick texture and vanilla taste.
- Spices: Instead of pumpkin pie spice, try adding nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and/or more cinnamon to taste.
- Milk: Any milk is just fine here. However, be sure to adjust the protein count accordingly!
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
- (Optional) Prepare the whipped coconut topping and set aside in the fridge. (you can view the recipe here).
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender (except for the coconut topping and pinch of cinnamon) in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
- Place a heaping spoonful of whipped topping on your smoothie.
- Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on your whipped coconut topping.
Tasty No Yolking™ ground turkey bites. Fun and easy to make, and won’t last long as leftovers in the fridge. A recipe that will leave every tummy happy.
Zucchini Pancakes (No-Wheat) These zucchini pancakes are quick and simple to make with the help of your food processor. No need to remove excess water from the zucchini when using No Yolking™. Top off with our no-dairy No Yolking™ Sour Cream for the...
No-Bake Nut and Date Energy Balls Dates are high in iron along with other minerals, calcium, phosphorous, sodium, potassium and skin healing zinc along with vitamins like Vitamin A and K, and actually help with bone development with their nutrient rich...