No Yolking™ Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Simply put, this protein packed pumpkin spice smoothie is like drinkable pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin seeds are not only high in antioxidants and fiber, they are also rich in magnesium and promote a healthy gut flora. Don’t forget to top it off with our decadent whipped coconut protein topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
1 frozen banana.
1/2 cup (120g) vanilla Greek yogurt (or non dairy substitute)
1 tbs No Yolking™ Egg White Protein
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
1/2 cup (120ml) milk of choice (almond, oat, hemp etc.)
2 tbs (30ml) pure maple syrup
2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1 cup ice
Optional: Whipped coconut topping
Optional: Pinch of cinnamon for the top
- Yogurt: Feel free to use regular (non Greek) vanilla or plain yogurt instead – keeping in mind the protein count will be lower. I prefer vanilla Greek yogurt not only for its protein count, but for its incredibly thick texture and vanilla taste.
- Spices: Instead of pumpkin pie spice, try adding nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and/or more cinnamon to taste.
- Milk: Any milk is just fine here. However, be sure to adjust the protein count accordingly!
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
- (Optional) Prepare the whipped coconut topping and set aside in the fridge. (you can view the recipe here).
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender (except for the coconut topping and pinch of cinnamon) in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
- Place a heaping spoonful of whipped topping on your smoothie.
- Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on your whipped coconut topping.
Our simple recipe uses ground lamb or lean beef and frozen cauliflower “rice” (or you can make your own), plus it has 1/4 cup No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder to add even more lean protein. There’s no need for breadcrumbs or a whole egg since the egg white...
When cooking and preparing foods with whole foods, we CAN feel good about adding things like salad dressing to our meals. The store-bought stuff is often full of preservatives and artificial sweeteners that can make us feel sluggish and can also sabotage weightloss...
Saves time and money by combining No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder with good quality tomato sauce and a handful of spinach. Top with a little bit of pecorino or nutritional yeast and you’ll have dinner in a snap! Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15...