No Yolking™, this is delish!
This eggplant bacon goes great crumbled on our broccoli salad or with our zucchini pancakes when you want that smoky bacon taste without the guilt.
It takes some time to marinate so plan ahead and make a big batch you’ll love it.
- 3 large sized eggplants
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of golden lakanto sweetener (or date or coconut sugar, but note there is an effect on your glycemic level a bit of a no no for diabetics and hormone balancing seekers)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of cayenne (optional hotter version)
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. of smoked sea salt (can sub in regular sea salt or pink Himalayan salt)
- In a small saucepan put all the ingredients, except the eggplant, and slowly melt them on medium low temperature while stirring constantly.
- Once done let cool a little while preparing the eggplant.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice your eggplant into strips. It’s a good idea to cut off ends first and depending on the size of your eggplant cut it in half first from stem to bottom. Discard the outermost layer of the uncut side shaving off with the peeler. Then turn on its side and begin steady long slices or peels of the eggplant.
- Pour the marinade over the slices of eggplant that you’ve placed in a large glass bowl. Cover the mixture. The longer it marinates the better so overnight is best but at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you can, turn mixture after one hour.
- Use parchment paper on a large baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip and continue for another 3 minutes.
- Remove any crisp pieces and set aside, then continue to bake the rest checking every 2 minutes and removing the yummy crispy pieces.
No Yolking™ Egg White Mask
The benefits of protein in a face mask are great: the 21 amino acids in a complete protein will be utilized in elastin and collagen production. That’s what helps your skin heal from burns, cuts, etc. and also will help reinforce our skin, which is the first armour...
Ginger Beet Smoothie
If you're looking to add a new smoothie to your rotation, look no further! Our Ginger Beet Smoothie is bright, it's fresh and it's loaded with health benefits. Beets are a nutritional powerhouse. They're a great source of fibre, folate, manganese, potassium, iron,...
Strawberry & Cardamom Dutch Baby Pancake
Our new Protein Dutch Baby Pancake will become your new breakfast wonder! By incorporating No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder into the batter, the pancake will not only get an impressive rise, but you'll be left feeling satiated and totally fueled for the...