- 3 large sized eggplants
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of golden lakanto sweetener (or date or coconut sugar, but note there is an effect on your glycemic level a bit of a no no for diabetics and hormone balancing seekers)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of cayenne (optional hotter version)
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. of smoked sea salt (can sub in regular sea salt or pink Himalayan salt)
- In a small saucepan put all the ingredients, except the eggplant, and slowly melt them on medium low temperature while stirring constantly.
- Once done let cool a little while preparing the eggplant.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice your eggplant into strips. It’s a good idea to cut off ends first and depending on the size of your eggplant cut it in half first from stem to bottom. Discard the outermost layer of the uncut side shaving off with the peeler. Then turn on its side and begin steady long slices or peels of the eggplant.
- Pour the marinade over the slices of eggplant that you’ve placed in a large glass bowl. Cover the mixture. The longer it marinates the better so overnight is best but at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you can, turn mixture after one hour.
- Use parchment paper on a large baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip and continue for another 3 minutes.
- Remove any crisp pieces and set aside, then continue to bake the rest checking every 2 minutes and removing the yummy crispy pieces.
Our simple recipe uses ground lamb or lean beef and frozen cauliflower “rice” (or you can make your own), plus it has 1/4 cup No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder to add even more lean protein. There’s no need for breadcrumbs or a whole egg since the egg white...
When cooking and preparing foods with whole foods, we CAN feel good about adding things like salad dressing to our meals. The store-bought stuff is often full of preservatives and artificial sweeteners that can make us feel sluggish and can also sabotage weightloss...
Saves time and money by combining No Yolking™ - 100 % Egg White Protein Powder with good quality tomato sauce and a handful of spinach. Top with a little bit of pecorino or nutritional yeast and you’ll have dinner in a snap! Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15...